On a beautiful April afternoon when you wish your office or workspace had a sun roof, here’s what I have:
Well, they have hung the last of the structural steel for the new Amon G. Carter Stadium today. By the end of the month, the entire east side seating deck will be complete.
While this is a day to mark down, there’s still a lot to do in the “new Carter.” Interior work continues on the west side in the club area and suites and the press box is starting to be enclosed in glass.
Across the way at Lupton Stadium tonight, the Texas A&M Aggies bring a Big 12/SWC feel to the campus as they march in for a little baseball. The Ags are ranked No. 9 in the nation, down from No. 2 a week ago.
That was before Baylor swept A&M over the weekend. Not to brag on Baylor, but they’ve won 24 straight games. Think about that — 24 straight. TRIVIA TIME: Can you name the last team to beat Baylor in baseball this year? Find the answer at the end of today’s Extra Points.
While the Aggies are in town, you might want to thank them. They made room for the Frogs at the Big 12 table by bolting for the SEC. I think they made a huge mistake and the resulting opportunity was jumped on by TCU.
Thank you, Bill Byrne!
In other chest-puffing purple news:
- Congratulations to the TCU Women’s Tennis Team – MWC Champions. This team may be turning head coach Dave Borelli’s hair white, but they figure out a way to win.
- Coach Angie Ravaoli-Larkin’s Lady Frogs Golf Team won the MWC Championship and Coach Angie is the MWC Coach of the Year – again!
- Trackster Whitney Gibson is in the fast lane to head to the Olympics – she has the third-longest long jump in the WORLD this year – 22 feet, 8 inches. Watch for her in the MWC and NCAA post-season action.
- Shoot! And Sarah Sherer from the TCU Rifle Team has qualified for the Olympics as well.
- Speaking of Rifle, did you know the team won the national championship this year?! It’s the second time in three years! Congrats to Coach Karen Monez and her team!
- Get out to Lupton Stadium tonight and cheer on those TCU Horned Frogs, the last team to beat Baylor.
Kick ‘Em High!