Looks like we survived the Ides of March, so as your favorite “Soothsayer”, I say let’s move ahead….
It’s Spring Break week so here are some things to ponder while you’re fighting off allergy symptoms:
· National Championships! -- perhaps lost in March Madness is the fact that TCU has nailed down two (not one, but TWO) national championships in the last 10 days
o Whitney Gipson set the TCU record for the long jump at the NCAA Indoor Track Championships with a jump of 22-8 (that’s the equivalent of a 7-1/2 yard run in football!) By the way, the TCU Track Team is in action at home this weekend at the TCU Invitational at the Lowdon Track and Field Complex.
o The TCU Rifle Team won ANOTHER national championship.
· Charles Silmon claimed 2nd Team All-America honors with time of 6.66 in the 60 meters.
· Men’s Basketball – landed in post-season play for the first time in 7 years and beat Milwaukee in the first round of the CBI. Now it’s off to Corvallis, Oregon to go for win #19 against the Oregon State Beavers on Monday night. Brian Estridge and I are on the air at 8:30 p.m. CT from Gill Coliseum on the TCU Sports Network from IMG.
· Baseball – TCU starts their final run through the MWC today at UNLV. Don’t look now, but Coach Schloss’s crew has won 5 in a row (all over Big 12 teams).
· Swimming – TCU junior Sabine Rasch is at the NCAA Women’s Swimming and Diving Championship this week at Auburn. She clocked a 22.61 in the 50-free yesterday and will compete in the 100-free on Saturday.
· New Amon G. Carter Stadium – tremendous progress is being made as the east side is coming into shape. As you can see in the photo, the north end of the east stands has been decked.
· Stadium Seat Selection – Seat selection for the new stadium is underway for 2011 TCU season ticket holders and continues for the next several weeks.
· Football Parking – renewals for Frog Club donor parking are in the mail and due in two weeks from now on or before the deadline of Friday, March 30th.
· Brick It Up – don’t forget to get your Legacy Brick through the TCU Frog Club and honor your TCU loved-one or achievement in Frog Alley. Call 817-257-7739 and ask for Brick!
Don’t know about you, but I’m fired-up about all the great things going on right now with TCU Athletics. Et tu, Brute?
Kick ‘Em High!