Howdy from the South Plains, where temperatures at game time will be in the mid-80s with low humidity.
As you prepare for tonight’s Big 12 conference opener, keep these things in mind as keys to a Frog win. Call it our Thursday Texas Tech To-Do List:
- Contain the Texas Tech Offense – Sure they’ll get their completions but keeping Tech from turning a 3 yard completion into an 80 yards score is critical.
- Be Physical in coverage – Last year, Tech’s receivers were very physical and, at times, yanked TCU’s defensive backs out of the way to make a catch.
- Stuff the Run – Kliff Kingsbury’s offense utilizes play action and the run game to keep defenses honest. Hello, my name is Chucky Hunter!
- Start Fast on Offense – Trevone Boykin’s first start of the year needs to be a fast one.
- Receivers Step Up – A vertical passing game could be an issue for the Red Raiders.
- Cash in on Red-Zone Opportunities – Scoring on the road consistently gives you a chance to win and takes the crowd out of the game – a win-win.
We’re on the air tonight with Inside TCU Football on the TCU Sports Network at 5:30 p.m. CT . We’ll be on 570AM KLIF at 6 p.m. and on WBAP 820AM/96.7FM at 6:30 p.m.
If you’re traveling, you can hear us on Sirius 93 and XM190.
Kick ‘Em High!