It’s always fun and exciting when the college football season finally gets here. And thankfully, it is!
A few things to know before the Frogs and LSU tee it up?
- Frog Fans, you better be ready to bring it in the noise department tonight because LSU fans know how, and they’ll be there in force. Remember the Fiesta Bowl, when Boise State fans took you to school?? Don’t let that happen again.
- 85,000 – that's what they’re expecting at kickoff. Make sure you get there early as the Rangers complicate the game plan with a 7 p.m. game at The Ballpark.
- Bag it – Don’t forget the new bag rules at AT&T Stadium – and don’t test the security people. They’ll just send you back to the car with your BIG TEX-sized backpack.
- Interesting matchups and things to ponder for this early season bowl game:
- Both secondaries trying to keep up with the wide receivers – both teams are loaded at wideout.
- TCU’s offensive line vs. a reloaded LSU defensive front.
- Who breaks down in the kicking game first? Always happens in openers. I have Jaden Oberkrom playing a big part in this one.
- Surprise attacks – Don’t turn away for a single play in this one, especially if it’s close late.
- Can the Frogs be physical enough early on defense? They’ll be tested. LSU likes to roll out 500 pounds of backfield and say, “Here we come, we’re going right there. See if you can stop us." (For reference, watch the 2011 Rose Bowl.)
- The first 10 minutes of the game are very important. Which team can get up to game speed first and deal with it throughout?
- Win or lose, the Frogs need to come out of this LSU game healthy. It’s a long way to November 30th.
Enjoy this first weekend of college football!
Kick ‘Em High!