Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two-fer Tuesday!

Here’s a double dip of brainwaves for you on this fine Tuesday.

Scoop #1

Can you believe we’re already heading into Week 4 of the college football season? Here’s what I’ve learned so far:

  • Oklahoma is for real. Once they got up 10 points on FSU Saturday night, I turned it off.
  • Oklahoma State is better than I thought. That should be some battle when they meet OU (who’ll still be No. 1) on December 3rd in Stillwater. They call it “Bedlam!”
  • Bust of the Year YTD: Notre Dame. So much made about so little. The Irish beat Michigan State, but the Spartans still get more votes in the AP Poll....think the pollsters were impressed?
  • I still miss Keith Jackson on my TV.
  • Collision of the Week: No. 6 Oklahoma State at No. 8 Texas A&M.

Scoop #2

I’m already impressed with the play of so many of the new faces on the Horned Frogs:

  • The defensive line, including David Johnson, Chuckie Hunter, Ray Burns, Ross Forrest, Jon Koontz and Jon Lewis.
  • Casey Pachall – you’re wondering why I didn’t put him first – I had a feeling that he’d handle all this just fine and, so far, he has.
  • The Fab 5 – the freshman wide outs are as advertised, and DeSoto’s David Porter, while the least touted, has had the most impact.
  • The rebuilt offensive line – giving Matthew Tucker and Waymon James room to work and keeping Casey upright.
  • These guys aren’t new, but WRs Josh Boyce and Antoine Hicks have been “handy.” I wouldn’t want to have to cover them.

Conference Call

OK, OK! I know, you’re wondering about conference realignment. It might as well be called “covert reassignment.” There are so many factors and so few rules to this puzzle that in the time it took you to read this article, something major changed…I assure you.

Kick ‘Em High!

No comments:

Post a Comment